Each summer, NHT leases apartments owned and operated by USI to ensure that company members have modern and well-maintained housing. The apartments provide company members a sense of community, convenience, solitude, and security.
We provide furnished apartments with:
- Full kitchen, including full-sized range, oven, and refrigerator/freezer, sink, garbage disposal, and cabinets
- Vending machines available throughout the complexes
- Large laundry room in O'Daniel South; a large laundry room is located in Residence Life Community Center
- Access to lounge areas in Residence Life center, with computer lab access
- Living areas that include couch, chair, end table, and coffee table
- Dining areas equipped with dining table and four chairs
- Bedrooms that include two desks, two chairs, nightstand, two twin beds with mattresses, and two dressers
- Overhead lighting with outlets for individual lamps (not halogen)
- Bedrooms equipped with Ethernet connections and wireless Internet access
- Two air conditioning units - individually controlled
- Recreational facilities on USI's campus or nearby include pool, tennis courts, biking trails, fitness center with weights, cardiovascular equipment, and a climbing wall, basketball, library, and computer rooms
Suggestions for what to bring
TV, microwave, DVD player, radio/clock, pillow, bed linens, towels, dishes, silverware, pots and pans, glasses, cooking utensils, reading lamp. You may want to coordinate this with your roommate(s) before arriving. Equity and artistic staff housing requirements are provided as per contract.
Located Close By
Shopping complex, medical center, 24-hour grocery stores, 16-screen stadium-seating cinema, movie rentals, pharmacy, Barnes & Noble, Wal-Mart, restaurants, Fairfield Inn, Holiday Inn Express, banks, and convenience stores. Shuttle transportation is available.
Museums, Library & Theatre:
Historic New Harmony Sites & Activities
New Harmony Theatre, University of Southern Indiana's professional Equity stage, is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.