Looking for a way to get involved on campus during Welcome Week? Want some great leadership experience and a chance to make a difference at USI? Apply now to be a Welcome Week Leader!
Welcome Week Leaders are undergraduate student leaders who provide positive peer assistance for new University of Southern Indiana students and their families during USI's Welcome Week. This is a volunteer position, and Welcome Week Leaders will be required to attend training prior to Welcome Week in addition to Welcome Week itself.
Welcome Week Leaders will help guide new students through the Welcome Week program, focusing on providing them with a quality transitional experience and introduction to USI.
Welcome Week Leaders are expected to:
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all new students
- Maintain a high energy level, enthusiasm, and stamina when working long hours
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Possess the ability to represent the University of Southern Indiana in a positive manner
- Facilitate activities with small groups of students
- Encourage attendance and participation at Welcome Week activities
- Assist with housing check-in and new student move-in
- Support and assist with all Eagle Experience-related programs
- Assist with set-up and take-down on Welcome Week events
- Maintain professionalism when working with new students
- Complete miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Confidence when leading a group of peers
- Knowledge of campus resources and services
- Leadership experience
- Opportunity to be part of welcoming new USI students
- Meet new students and fellow student leaders
- Move in early to campus housing
- Welcome Week T-shirts
- Some meals provided
- Must be a full-time, undergraduate student in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Must have a 2.3 cumulative G.P.A. or above
- Must be available for training prior to Welcome Week and entire Welcome Week program (August 13-22, 2018)
- Students who hold the following positions are ineligible to apply (due to conflicting time commitments and overlapping responsibilities): Resident Assistants and AMIGOs
Welcome Week Leader applications are due by noon on Friday, March 23. Staff will review all applications and notify applicants the week of March 26 as to whether or not they have been selected for a group interview. Group interviews will be held April 2 - 6.
If you have questions, please contact Student Development Programs at 812-465-1088 or firstname.lastname@example.org.