Have an idea for a project? Not sure where to look for funding? Contact OSPRA staff and we can help you find the right funding source as well as help with the application.
Searchable Databases -- Search for and find funding opportunities.
- CFDA - The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) provides a searchable database for all federal programs available to the American public.
- Grants.gov - Single site for searching funding opportunities available through twenty-nine federal agencies, offers a funding alert service.
- GrantsNet - Sponsored by the American Association for the Advancement for the Sciences (AAAS), this database includes funding opportunities in biomedical research and science education. It contains programs that offer training and research funding for graduate and medical students, postdoctoral fellows, and junior faculty, as well as programs in science, math, engineering, and technology for undergraduate faculty and students.
- GrantSearch - The Grants Resource Center's (GRC) database contains descriptions, deadlines, and contact information on nearly 2,000 federal and private funding programs of particular interest to state colleges and universities. Users can search by text of program titles and descriptions, GRC and CFDA numbers, subject areas, activity types, and sponsors. The Office of Sponsored Projects and Research Administration (OSPRA) subscribes to this database. Contact OSPRA for access information.
- Philanthropy News Digest - A service of the Foundation Center, this database publishes requests for proposals and notices of awards as a free service to nonprofits and other grant organizations. PND also offers a smartphone app and e-newsletters to allow for constant access to available grants.
- The Foundation Center - A plethora of information including foundations listed by state; includes IRS Forms 990. Please visit the central branch of the Evansville Public Library to use service.