The USI Foundation has made funds available to support faculty research and creative work at USI. The following policy guidelines serve USI faculty in seeking awards and the Faculty Awards for Service, Teaching, and Research (FASTR) Committee in selecting recipients. The FASTR Committee strongly recommends that faculty attend a training workshop conducted by the Office of Sponsored Projects and Research Administration or schedule an individual session before preparing a FRCWA proposal.
Application Deadline: February 10, 2014
FRCWG Workshop Presentation - review this PowerPoint to find out more information on types of eligible projects, tips for drafting your proposal, and review criteria.
To get started, fill out an Intent to Apply form and return it to our office by February 3, 2014.
Projects Awarded Spring 2013
• Dr. Thomas Bordelon - An Exploration of Native Americans: Experiences in Higher Education, $4,689.14
• Dr. Kathy Elpers – Japanese Families: Perspective of Filial Responsibility Towards Elder Caregiving, $5,000.00
• Dr. Renee Frimming & Dr. David Daum – Association Between Physical Activity, Health and Math Cognition, $686.10
• Mr. Matthew Graham & Ms. Kathryn Waters – Island Kingdoms: A Creative Collaboration, $4,616.90
• Dr. Sang Woo Heo – Approximation of American-Style Option Pricing Models Based on Fractional Brownian Motion with Various Hurst Parameters, $3,748.31
• Dr. Albert Hitchcock – Madrid Research for Article on Dramatic Representation of Postmemory and Spanish Civil War, $2,720.26
• Alisa Holen, MFA – Pilot Grant for Ohio River Clay Research and Creative Work, $2,778.00
• Dr. Jessica Jensen – Uncovering Hysterographies: Pregnancy and Birth Narratives of Inter-War France, $3,565.40
• Dr. John Rhim – Interrelationships Among Capital Structure, Dividends and Ownership: An Empirical Evidence of Chinese Manufacturing Firms, $3,000.00
• Dr. Serah Theuri – Glenwood Nutrition Assessment Study, $4,483.00
• Dr. Edmir Wade – Assembling Dithinepin-based TNT and C60 Hosts, $4,270.44