Undergraduate courses are numbered in the sequence of 000, 100, 200, 300, and 400.
- Developmental courses are in the 000-099 series and do not count toward graduation
- Freshman courses are in the 100 series
- Sophomore courses are in the 200 series
- Junior courses are in the 300 series
- Senior courses are in the 400 series
Courses bearing the number 500 or higher carry graduate credit.
- Courses numbered in the 500 series may have 400-series counterparts that are open to undergraduate students
- Excluding exceptional circumstances, courses numbered 600 and higher are open to graduate students only
- Courses numbered 700 and higher are open to doctoral students only