The Pass/No Pass system of course evaluation encourages students to enroll in courses they normally would not take, but which will contribute to their overall enrichment.
- Students must have a cumulative grade-point average of 2.0 or above to exercise the pass/no pass option.
- Students whose cumulative grade-point average falls below 2.0 may not take a course pass/no pass.
- Students may take only one course a semester on the pass/no pass option.
- Students may take a maximum of four courses on the pass/no pass option.
- No course required for the student's major or minor may be taken pass/no pass, nor may the student take as pass/no pass any prerequisite courses or supportive courses required for his major or minor.
- No courses taken pass/no pass may apply to pre-1995 General Education requirements or University Core Curriculum requirements.
- Any course taken under the pass/no pass option, which may become a major or minor requirement because of a change of major, minor, or college may be counted at the discretion of the dean toward requirements for the academic major and/or minor. Limitations 1, 2, 3, and 5 may not be waived.
- Under the pass/no pass option, a grade of "P" (Pass) is equivalent to a letter grade of "D" or above; a grade of "NP" (No Pass) is equivalent to an "F". A grade of "P" gives credit for the course, but does not affect the current or cumulative grade-point average. A grade of "NP" gives no credit for the course and does not affect the current or cumulative grade-point average.
During the second week (first week during summer session) of the semester, students may secure an application for the pass/no pass option from the Registrar's Office. Then the student should obtain the signature of his or her academic advisor and the instructor of the class in which he or she is exercising this option. The student must return the completed application to the Registrar's Office during the same week.
After the second week (first week during summer session) a student may not change his or her registration in any course to or from the pass/no pass option.
NOTE: Only the student can initiate the pass/no pass option, and it is the student's responsibility to meet criteria of the option. Any course taken pass/no pass which fails to meet all criteria of the option must be repeated.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Email the Registrar's Office
(include full name and
student ID number)
Orr Center, Rm 1075
8600 University Boulevard
Evansville, IN 47712