CLIMBING IS DANGEROUS! Following these policies does not ensure safe climbing. Follow all instructions given by Climbing Center staff.
Participants must check in each time they visit the Climbing Center and sign the liability waiver. Climbing shoes, harnesses, and chalk bags are provided for free.
All belayers are required to take the RFWC Belay Safety Course. Courses are offered at the top of every hour the Climbing Center is open, and take 20-30 minutes. Safety courses from other facilities will not transfer to the RFWC Climbing Center. Anyone who has taken the course and has not climbed in a 6 month period will be required to take a refresher course.
Participants must be at least 18 years of age to be in the Climbing Center. Any student under the age of 18 needs to fill out a separate liability waiver with a parent or guardian signature.
Guests are allowed to use the Climbing Center three times per semester with a valid Eagle Access card holder. Guests must pay the facility guest pass fee.
- Only 20 participants are allowed in the Climbing Center at any one time.
- Remove all jewelry, empty pockets, tie back long hair and use safety straps for glasses.
- No food, drink or gum is allowed in the Climbing Center.
- Use of electronic equipment is not allowed in the Climbing Center (i.e. cell phones, iPods, mp3 players).
- Foul language, swinging on ropes, horseplay, bare feet, and unruly conduct is strictly prohibited.
- Personal harnesses are not allowed for use in the climbing center.
RFWC staff has the right to suspend or terminate any participant’s access to the Climbing Center for violation of any facility rule or any conduct deemed inappropriate, disruptive, or unsafe.