Physical wellness includes appropriate exercise and proper nutrition in addition to making responsible decisions about sex, alcohol, tobacco, and drug use. Improving your physical wellness positively affects many other areas of your life. Participating in physical activities improves your well-being, alleviates stress, increases intellectual awareness, improves sleep, and gives you more energy.
Physical Wellness Resources at USI Include:
- The Recreation, Fitness, & Wellness Center offers plenty of options for physical activity, including cardio and weight machines, free weights, group exercise classes, indoor and outdoor basketball and volleyball courts, intramural sports, and more.
- The Student Health Center functions as a physician’s office on campus to address the medical needs of students. The office offers physicals, drug screens, immunizations, testing, diagnosis, and treatment for illnesses and injuries and free educational materials on many diseases and conditions.
- At the Counseling Center, students often receive assistance with sleep disturbances, eating concerns, the physical results of stress and anxiety, and/or other concerns.
- The Kinesiology and Sport Department offers courses in physical activity, including basketball, weight lifting, golf, volleyball, swimming, hiking, tennis, and more.
- Housing and Residence Life has basketball courts and sand volleyball courts for residents to participate in leisure activity. Volleyballs and basketballs can be checked out at the Community Center desk.