Social wellness is the ability to connect with other people in our world. The social dimension is expressed through activities such as developing and maintaining friendships and family relationships, volunteer work, joining organizations, and attending community events.
Social Wellness Resources at USI Include:
- Student Development Programs oversees all the clubs and organizations on campus. It's easy to find a group with similar interests, whether it's Fraternity & Sorority Life, a service organization, an academic club, or just for fun.
- The Recreation, Fitness, and Wellness Center is a great place to hang out with your friends or to meet new ones. You might also try signing up for Intramurals with friends or as a free agent, or joining a group on an Outdoor Adventure trip.
- The Counseling Center offers individual and group therapy to assist students who are struggling in relationships with friends, family, or significant others. In counseling, students often work on interpersonal problem-solving, relationship building, and assertive communication.
- Housing and Residence Life offers multiple opportunities for residents to engage with their community. Resident Assistants host programs throughout the year that encourage students to meet their neighbors, get involved in the USI community, and build lasting relationships. Residents can get involved in our student organizations as a way of meeting other campus residents. Housing and Residence Life has dedicated space in each hall to allow students to socialize and get to know one another. The Community Center, located in the apartments, is also popular place for residents to hang out.
- The Student Government Association is a great way to get involved in campus leadership and have a say in how USI is run.
- The Multicultural Center and International Programs & Services are two offices that support student organizations and programming for our diverse population. This is a great way to meet people different from yourself.