University of Southern Indiana
Office of Risk Management and Safety
School and Educators Legal Liability Coverage
INSURER: United Educators Insurance RRG, Inc.
POLICY NUMBER: ELS201400100300
POLICY PERIOD: 10/19/2014 - 10/19/2015
RETROACTIVE DATE: 10/19/2001
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: $11,000,000 each claim; $11,000,000 annual aggregate
BASIS OF COVERAGE: Claims made
WHO IS INSURED:
- USI and its Board of Trustees and all persons who were, now are, or shall be its:
- Elected or appointed members of its Board of Trustees;
- Student teachers teaching as part of their educational requirement;
- Volunteers; and
- Students while serving in a supervised internship program sponsored by USI.
The persons described above are insureds but only while acting within the scope of their duties for, or for activities sponsored by USI.
- Means any breach of duty, neglect, error, omission, misstatement, or misleading statement committed by an insured:
- In the lawful discharge of the duties that are characteristic of, distinctive or inherent to the operation and functioning of an educational institution, and
- While acting within the course and scope of their duties for USI.
- Failure to educate
- Negligence in instruction
- Inadequate or negligent academic guidance
- Employment related wrongful acts are limited to actual or alleged:
- Workplace harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Workplace Tort
- Intentional or criminal act
- Bodily injury, personal and advertising injury or property damage
- Illegal financial gain
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- Employee benefit plan
- Workers Compensation
- Employers Liability
- Intellectual property rights
- Physical modifications and changes in business operations
- Professional health care services
- Abuse and molestation
- Fungi or bacteria
- Nuclear energy liability
The above is listed only as a summary of coverage. Terms and conditions as listed in the actual policy take precedent. If you have questions about any of the above, please contact John Hunt 812-461-5393.