2010 Thomas A. Wilhelmus Award
RopeWalk Press will award a prize of $1000 and 25 complimentary copies for a fiction chapbook written in English submitted under the following guidelines.
Each submission must:
- Be available for exclusive book-length publication by RopeWalk Press. Stories, novellas, or stand-alone excerpts published individually in journals or magazines may be submitted, but the writer must hold copyright. Previously self-published chapbooks and translations are not eligible. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but if the manuscript is published/accepted by another press while under consideration, the author must promptly notify RWP in writing to withdraw the entry.
- Include an entry fee of $15 ($5 for each additional manuscript submitted). Make check or money order payable to RopeWalk Press. This fee is non-refundable.
- List the author’s name, street address, phone number, email address (if applicable), title of manuscript(s), and individual title(s) (table of contents) on a cover page. Acknowledgements are not required (but will, of course, be addressed once the winning chapbook is selected).
- List only the title of manuscript and story (if applicable) on each page thereafter.
- Consist of no more than 45 manuscript pages (double-spaced) per each individual submission.
- Be addressed to Thomas A. Wilhelmus Award, RopeWalk Press, University of Southern Indiana, 8600 University Boulevard, Evansville, IN, 47712.
- Be postmarked by July 1, 2010.
- Include SAS postcard for receipt acknowledgement and/or SASE for contest results. All manuscripts will be recycled. Results will also be posted on the RWP web site.
All submissions will be considered for publication. All themes and/or subject matters are eligible. All rights revert to the writer upon publication.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 812/464-1855.
Nicole Louise Reid, Editor