Summer Enrichment Camp (SECamp)
Summer Enrichment Camp (SECamp)
The title SECamp will encompass all camps this year; however, the children will still be divided into KCamp 1 and KCamp 2 (for incoming Kindergarteners and first graders) and SECamp A and SECamp B (for children entering grades 2 through 5).
This summer’s SECamp will be held in the lower level of the Rice Library, which is across the boulevard from the Physical Activities Center (PAC). You need to bring your child into the lower level of Rice Library each day to be checked in and checked out by camp staff.
Camp will operate from Monday, May 23rd through Friday, July 29th, with no camp on Monday, May 30th and Friday, July 3rd due to holidays. If the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation (EVSC) is required to make up snow days on or after May 23rd, camp will begin on the first weekday after school dismisses. Camp hours are 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- A pre-enrollment fee of $60 is required for all children attending SECamp. Should you withdraw your child from camp, this fee is non-refundable.
- All billing will go through the USI Business Office. You will receive an invoice for the entire summer. You may pay for the entire summer upfront or you may choose to pay in installments. You will not receive reminder invoices as the installment dates approach. Installment dates are set as: May 16, May 31, June 13, and June 27.
- You now have the option to pay online with a credit card for a 2.7% fee or you may use an electronic check for no additional fees. Additionally, you can mail a check to the USI Business Office or pay in person at the USI Business Office with cash, check, or credit card. Please maintain your invoice(s) and receipts for tax purposes. Contact the USI Business Office with questions at 812-464-1842 or stop by their office in lower level of the Orr Center. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- The USI parent rate applies to those individuals who are employed or students at the University of Southern Indiana and legal guardian of the camper. The off-campus parent rate applies to those individuals who are from the community.
- Children may enroll part-time for 3 days per week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays or two days per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- It is assumed a child is enrolled in camp all summer, unless arrangements are made with the camp supervisor prior to the first day of camp. After the start of camp you will not be able to switch days that your child is attending.
- If you withdraw your child from camp, a written notice two weeks prior to the child's last day must be emailed or given directly to Kathy Hayden, SECamp Supervisor. If you do not give prior notice, you will be billed for two weeks of tuition. Notice to withdraw will not be accepted after July 18, 2016. If you withdraw your child from camp early, they will not have any vacation days credited.
- If your child does not attend camp the first week, please notify the Camp Supervisor in writing. If not, your child will be withdrawn from camp. The pre-enrollment fee will be forfeited.
- Each family receives the same number of "no-fee" vacation/sick days as the number of days the child is enrolled per week. For example, a family whose child is enrolled full-time may take any five days during the summer as "no-fee" days. A child enrolled Tuesdays/Thursdays will receive two "no-fee" days. The last week of camp will count as your vacations days regardless of when you actually take them.
- At this time, vouchers are not accepted.
- All campers will need to bring lunch daily. Refrigeration for lunches is not available. Some food products will not be permitted due to food allergies.
- The program includes several field trips each week. Children will ride in a school bus for field trips, and all children will attend trips. A calendar of field trips will be distributed at open house.
- Field trip fees are included in the children's weekly fee, with the exception of an extra fee for the one big field trip. The big field trip for SECamp A and B is optional for an additional cost; however, alternative camp care options for that day are not provided. Admittance, lunch, and transportation fees will be billed separately for all children who attend this extended trip.
Summer Enrichment Camp fees for 2016:
Children of USI Parents:
Full time $135
Part time – 3 days/week $105
Part time – 2 days/week $ 70
Children of Off-Campus Parents:
Full time $140
Part time – 3 days/week $110
Part time – 2 days/week $ 75
*The weeks of May 30th and July 4th will be prorated on your bill.
If you have questions, please contact Outreach and Engagement at:
812/228-5022 or email email@example.com