TECH 103 Materials & Manufacturing Processes
Assignment #2 - Fall 2008
- Why is the inspection of
manufactured parts necessary?
- Define the following terms:
- Name three different tolerancing systems and sketch an example of each
- How many classes of fit for
cylindrical parts does ANSI specify? List the abbreviations and name of
- What is selective assembly?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of this process? Describe this
process and tell what condition(s) would make the use of this process
- What is overdimensioning?
What is the end result of overdimensioning? How
can this problem be avoided?
- What is geometric dimensioning
and tolerancing (GD&T)? Name and draw the
symbol for five geometric conditions that can affect quality.
- Why is baseline dimensioning
being used to an increasing extent in modern industry?