Coding For Kids @ USI
We have two full sessions running through the summer for middle school boys and girls! Stay tuned more information in late June concerning our Girls Who Code and Bro Code programs that will continue in the Fall!
Frequently Asked Questions
How will you know who is on the waiting list?
- The online registration form that you will fill out will be time stamped once it is submitted, so it is very clear when applications are received. Those who have been placed on a waiting list will be notified.
Do parents have to stay at USI while the club session is going on?
- No. Parents are more than welcome to leave campus during the sessions! If you are staying on campus during the club sessions, please know that parents will not be allowed in the classroom, but are welcome to wait in the lobby until the session is finished.
Will it be a problem if my child has no experience with computer science?
- This is no problem at all! We encourage all students to join us whether they have coded before or have never even heard of coding!
Will transportation be provided for my child?
- Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to provide mass transportation for students that are interested in Girls Who Code at USI. This resource takes significant funds that we do not have at our immediate disposal, but we hope that this is something we can consider in later semesters.
How will weather and school calendars affect club session?
- If school is cancelled because of weather then we will not have a club session. We will adhere to the shared Spring Break schedule of EVSC, MSD of Mt. Vernon, MSD of North Posey, and Warrick County School Corporation. If a club session is cancelled, parents will be notified as soon as possible.