Admission Application (Microsoft Word doc)
|Initial Field Experience
If continuously enrolled, use the candidate's USI matriculation date to determine eligibility on program admission criteria. Transfer students who are not continuously enrolled are assigned USI program entry term.
Admission to Teacher Education
The teacher education programs have been approved by the Indiana Department of Education Division of Professional Standards
, the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
, and the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
Graduates of the University who successfully complete teacher education programs, pass the licensure exams, and meet any other requirements specified by the Indiana Professional Standards Board are eligible for teaching licenses in Indiana and other states that recognize the completion of a program approved by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education as a basis for licensure.
- Prior to Fall 1999 - Policy: 2.5 GPA
- Fall 1999 and thereafter - Policy: 2.75
- Prior to Fall 2001 - Policy: C or better in all professional education courses
- Fall 2001 and thereafter - Policy: C or better in all classes applied toward the degree
Effective Fall 2003, all applicants to teacher education programs must meet Indiana minimum
- Praxis I values - Reading 176, Writing 172, Math 175.
Effective Fall 2003, all elementary education majors who are seeking licensure must meet the Indiana minimum competency scores on two tests:
- Elementary Education: Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment - score required 165
- Reading Specialist - score required 370
The GPA, Grade Minimum, and Praxis I policies are part of the procedures and regulations for teacher education candidates. The complete listing of program admission requirements is found in the USI Bulletin
USI Home |
| Events and News
8600 University Boulevard - Evansville, IN 47712-3596 - 812/464-8600
Copyright © 2013 University of Southern Indiana. All rights reserved.