Appeal Process for Citations
Valid grounds for appeal
Appeals may be granted for two reasons:
- There is substantial evidence that you did not commit the violation
- You committed the violation, but due to circumstances beyond your control.
Invalid grounds for appeal
Reasons that are NOT valid grounds for appeal include, but are not limited to:
- Lack of knowledge of the regulation(s).
- Lost citation or “I did not receive the ticket on my vehicle”.
- Did not see a parking sign.
- Had flashers on or parked only for a short period of time
- Inability to find a legally marked space.
- Other vehicles were parked improperly.
- Incorrect permit for area.
- My [coach, professor, supervisor, RA, etc.] told me I could park there.
Student appeals – Students may appeal a citation via the Student Government Association University Court. Student Appeals
Employee and Visitor appeals - Employees and visitors may appeal to the University Appeals Committee. Employee/Visitor Appeals
Appeal forms also are available at the Parking office. Appeals must be completed in writing and a hard-copy of the form submitted to the Parking office along with a copy of the citation being appealed. A separate appeal form is required for each individual citation.
The deadline for submitting an appeal for students, employees and visitors is 10 business days from the issuance of the citation.
From a campus phone line - call ext. 7777 or 9-911 or
from your cell phone - 812-492-7777 or 911
For routine business call 812-464-1845.
812-421-6201 (Command Post)
Evansville Police Department