April 06, 2004
Eagles finish 5th Indianapolis Invitational
The University of Southern Indiana men's golf team placed fifth after shooting a 308 at the University of Indianapolis Invitational. The tournament was hosted by Indianapolis at the Links at Heartland Crossing Golf Course in Camby, Indiana. Par was 72.
The Screaming Eaglesí 308 was just two strokes short of finishing in the top three, but as 24 strokes off the pace set by Marian College with a tournament winning 284.
Leading the way for the Eagles is sophomore Christian Farley (Henderson, Kentucky), who tied foar 10th individually with a 75. Senior Nathan Wolfe (Henderson, Kentucky) followed Farley with a 76 to tie for 16th.
Next up for the Eagles is the GLVC Tournament Monday and Tuesday, April 12-13, at the Otter Creek Golf Course in Columbus, Indiana. USI played well at Otter Creek just two weeks ago, finishing second in the Wisconsin-Parkside Invitational with at team score of 305.
The Links at Heartland Crossing Golf Course
Camby, Indiana 6,900 yards par 36-36-72
1. Marian                       284
2. Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio) 301
3. Wisconsin-Parkside           306
4. Indiana Wesleyan             307
5. Southern Indiana             308
6. Taylor                       311
7. Saint Joseph's               312
8. Bethel                       314
9. Spring Arbor (Mich.)         319
10. Indianapolis                 328
11. Kentucky Wesleyan            331
12. Goshen                      342
Nate Wolfe         39-37-76/T-16th
Jason Pinkstaff    39-38-77
Christian Farley   38-37-75/T-10th
Craig Toler        41-39-80
Adam Bolerjack     40-40-80
Ray Simmons, USI Sports Information