April 12, 2002
USI remains perfect in GLVC with vicory over SJC
The University of Southern Indiana tennis team raised its record to 11-3 overall and a perfect 7-0 in the Great Lakes Valley Conference with an 9-0 win over Saint Joseph’s College at the USI Tennis Courts Friday afternoon.
With one GLVC dual match left in the regular season, the Eagles have a chance at their fourth perfect GLVC regular season in five years. USI has lost a grand total of two dual matches to GLVC teams since 1998.
The squad will finish the 2002 GLVC schedule by hosting Lewis University Saturday, April 13, at the USI Tennis Courts at 9 a.m. (CT). The start time and location are subject to change due to the weather.
Southern Indiana 9, Saint Joseph’s 0
1. Paulus Halim (USI) def. Mark Grueter (SJC) 3-0 (Retired)
2. Weston Phillips (USI) def. Tom Ruth (SJC) 6-4, 6-3
3. Chris Crawford (USI) def. Greg Gulvas (SJC) 6-1, 6-0
4. Bhavesh Chadda (USI) def. Lance Crow (SJC) 6-2, 6-0
5. Ethan Davis (USI) def. Russ Regan (SJC) 6-0, 6-1
6. Daniel Halim (USI) def. Mike Parrish (SJC) 6-0, 6-0
1. P. Halim/Crawford (USI) def. Grueter/Rush (SJC) 8-2
2. Chadda/Davis (USI) def. Gulvas/Parrish (SJC) 8-0
3. Phillips/Chris McCreight (USI) def. Crow/Regan (SJC) 8-0
Ray Simmons, USI Sports Information