March 27, 2003
USI falls to Murray State 4-3
The University of Southern Indiana men’s tennis team stumbled on the road to Murray State University, 4-3, Wednesday afternoon. The Screaming Eagles, who fall to 1-5 overall, split the three singles matches with the Racers, but lost the doubles points 2-1.
The Eagles start Great Lakes Valley Conference action Friday, March 28, at Lewis University. Doubles start at 3 p.m. USI will finish the weekend in Rensselaer, Indiana, Saturday, March 29, with a GLVC match at Saint Joseph’s College at 3 p.m. and a non-conference match with Wayne State University at 1 p.m.
Murray State University 4, University of Southern Indiana 3
1. Paulus Halim (USI) def. Thiago Gondim (MSU) 7-5, 6-4
2. Weston Phillips (USI) def. Adam Masskill (MSU) 6-1, 4-6, 7-5
3. Zach Bahri (MSU) def. Bhavesh Chadda (USI) 6-3, 6-1
4. Massimba Nuskew (MSU) def. Ryan Hughes (USI) 6-4, 7-6
5. Richmond Mouizad (MSU) def. Daniel Halim (USI) 6-1, 6-0
6. Chris McCreight (USI) def. Craig Jacobs (MSU) 7-5, 6-1
1. P. Halim/D. Halim (USI) def. Masskill/Nuskew (MSU) 8-5
2. Gondim/Bahri (MSU) def. Phillips/Chadda (USI) 8-2
3. Mouizad/Jacobs (MSU) def. Hughes/McCreight (USI) 8-6
Ray Simmons, USI Sports Information