April 12, 2003
USI menís tennis falls to NKU in regular season finale
Northern Kentucky University 5, @University of Southern Indiana 4
The University of Southern Indiana menís tennis team dropped its second match in as many days to a Great Lakes Valley Conference opponent, falling 5-4 to Northern Kentucky University at the USI Tennis Courts. The Screaming Eagles finish the regular season with an 8-8 overall record and a 6-2 GLVC mark.
The Eagles dug themselves a hole early, losing each of the three doubles matches. USI was able to rebound and win three of the singles matches, but it was not enough.
With at 6-2 conference record, USI will be either the second or third seed in the GLVC Tournament scheduled for Friday and Saturday, April 18-19, in Indianapolis, Indiana. The seeding for USI will depend upon the outcome of the University of Indianapolis and Bellarmine University match. Results were not available at press time.
If Indianapolis won, USI will be the third seed. If Bellarmine won, the Eagles will be the second seed. USI has won the GLVC Tournament each of the last four years.
1. Amine Benjelloun (NKU) def. Paulus Halim (USI) 6-4, 7-6
2. Weston Phillips (USI) def. Chris Robertson (NKU) 7-5, 6-2
3. Bhavesh Chadda (USI) def. Nick Herzog (NKU) 6-3, 6-2
4. Billy Hopkins (NKU) def. Ryan Huges (USI) 6-2, 6-3
5. Daniel Halim (USI) def. Ted Walkup (NKU) 6-2, 4-6, Ret.
6. Chris McCreight (USI) def. Jon Peters (NKU) 6-1, 6-6 Ret.
1. Benjelloun/Hopkins (NKU) def. P. Halim/D. Halim (USI) 8-4
2. Robertson/Peters (NKU) def. Chadda/Phillips (USI) 8-3
3. Herzog/Walkup (NKU) def. Hughes/McCreight (USI) 8-6
Ray Simmons, USI Sports Information