- Engage students in the process of developing a "full-time" campus
- Identify and facilitate activities, spaces, programs, and services to offer during nontraditional hours
- Encourage students to be deliberate in their co-curricular activities
USI is making great strides in becoming a more 24/7 campus. An expansion of hours at the Recreation, Fitness, and Wellness Center is just the beginning.
- Student Affairs and the Business Office have teamed up to bring "Square" technology to campus – this allows student organizations to collect fees and donations using swipe card technology. For example, anyone can now use a credit or debit card to purchase cookies from a student organization bake sale.
- The student-led 24/7 Committee is working with Marketing and Communications and Information Technology to improve the USI App for better internal communication.
- USI's Rice Library extended its hours to 2 a.m. for the month of December, with much success. The IT Help Desk also expanded its hours to include "live help" on Saturdays.
- Students without personal vehicles are no longer stuck on campus thanks to a new HERTZ rental car program that allows hourly rentals of cars located on the USI campus.