Saturday, May 18, 2013
Services Provided for USI Students
- Routine gynecological services.*
- Routine care for acute illnesses.
- Observation is available for students who need
short-term medical observation (during business hours). Overnight care
is not provided.
- Mental health appointments can be made at the USI
Student Health Center for medication and management of a wide range of
emotional problems. Discussions are confidential. Counseling will be
available to students through community agencies, USI counselors, or
other sources as needed.* Fees can be established with a sliding scale,
- Public health activities are carried out by the USI
Student Health Center and the Deaconess Wellness staff for both routine
and emergency public health functions for the campus.
- Educational material on multiple student health
problems is available in the USI Student Health Center.
- Pregnancy tests are available. Some STD
testing is available at reduced fees through the State of Indiana Health
*There may be additional cost depending on the specific
needs of the patient.
Services Provided On A Fee-For-Service Basis (not
covered by the OVP)
Services NOT Provided
- X-rays and diagnostic tests ordered by the USI
Student Health Center staff
- Immunizations and tuberculin testing are available
at discounted prices
- Accident/injury care requiring a minor surgical
procedure (such as suturing of lacerations)
- Outpatient surgery (Example: incision and drainage
of an abscess or skin biopsy)
- Prenatal and obstetrical care
- Cost of prescriptions (Some medications are
available at a reduced price.)
- Skin tests for allergies
- Refraction for glasses or contacts
- Dental Care - Oral healthcare can be obtained at
the USI Dental Clinic, on the first floor of the Health Professions
Center. Call 464-1706 for more information.
- Hospitalization and related expenses - All hospital
charges are billed to the student or his/her insurance carrier. Students
who have been hospitalized may return to the Student Health Center for
- After hours care - If you are enrolled in the Academic Health Plans Insurance program and the USI Student Health Center
is closed and you cannot wait until it reopens, you may go to the
Deaconess DUC or the Deaconess Hospital Emergency Room. The Emergency
Room should be used ONLY for serious or acute problems. If you are not enrolled in the Academic Health Plans Insurance program, you are financially responsible for all after hours care, and you may go to the urgent care facility of your choice. See Call Center Health Information line for further information on after
- Complicated or extreme medical situations -
Students will be evaluated by the USI Student Health Center medical
director. If the health center cannot provide the level of care
required, the student will be contacted to discuss referrals to other
medical services available within the community. Any student with a
serious medical condition that will be excluded from the OVP will be
notified in writing.
- X-ray facilities are not available at the clinic.
USI Home |
| Events and News
8600 University Boulevard - Evansville, IN 47712-3596 - 812/464-8600
Copyright © 2013 University of Southern Indiana. All rights reserved.