University of Southern Indiana

Visiting Non-Degree Student

I attend another University, but want to take summer classes at USI:

  • Since you only wish to take summer classes, you are considered a "Special Student" or "non-degree seeking" student.
  • To determine if a USI course transfers to another Indiana college, go to and review the Core Transfer Library.
  • Complete an Admission application.
  • Once admitted, obtain your MyUSI username and password from Information Technology.
  • Arrange advising through the University Division office, choose courses, and complete the registration process via your MyUSI account.
  • If you submit an application the day of registration, the Admission staff will tell you who to meet with and where to sign up for classes.

Contact Lee Ann Shafer
Send Email to