As a faculty member who has a student with a documented disability, you may choose to administer your exam with all the approved accommodations, or you may take advantage of the Disability Resources testing area. With few exceptions, students testing in Disability Resources will be electronically monitored. Testing can be recorded at your request.
Should you choose to have your student complete his/her exam(s) in the Disability Resources office, please read the following:
- Submitting Exams
- Exams can be submitted electronically by completing the electronic test submission form in the Faculty Information section of the Disability Resources website
- Exams may be delivered in person with a testing instructions form included for each student. Additional forms are available in the Disability Resources office or online.
- Please deliver or submit exams to the Disability Resources office no later than 4 p.m. the day before testing. As a courtesy you may receive a reminder email prior to this time.
- The Disability Resources office will have scantrons, basic calculators and scratch paper available for electronically submitted exams. If you deliver the exams in person, we would appreciate having the needed materials included with the exams.
- We recommend professors pick up completed exams, but if you wish, exams may be sent by campus mail. Please note campus mail picks up from the Disability Resources office around 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. each day. Exams completed after 2 p.m. will not be picked up until the next work day.
- Due to limited space, Disability Resources will utilize block scheduling for finals. Standard start times for final exams will be at 8 a.m. for morning exams and noon for exams beginning at noon or later. If your exam is at 10 a.m. or 11 a.m. and you prefer the noon start time, please let us know.
Thank you for your assistance! We look forward to our continued, successful work together, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns at 812-464-1961.