What is Academic Skills?
University Division’s Academic Skills offers academic support for all USI students through services including study skills and subject-based tutoring, academic coaching, Supplemental Instruction, General Studies (GENS) courses, and the Writers’ Room.
All of the programs noted here are free to enrolled USI students.
Academic Skills’ Goals
Academic Skills strives to support student success by reaching and maintaining the following goals:
- Provide a friendly, helpful environment conducive to learning.
- Determine the readiness of incoming students through placement testing.
- Help underprepared students advance their skills to university level through classes and tutoring.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff across campus to increase opportunities for student success.
- Assist all university students achieve their academic goals through a variety of programs:
Email Academic Skills
The Writers' Room