College is a challenge at any age. But for the nontraditional student, there is often the additional challenge of maintaining family and job commitments while keeping up with classes and homework.
Whether you're considering a degree that will improve your career opportunities or simply for your personal enrichment, USI believes it's worth the extra effort. We can help you make your degree happen—full time, part time, or even one class at a time.
To find out more information about the different types of adult learners please see the descriptions below. If a student wishes to enroll as a first time degree seeking student, transfer student, looking to obtain a second bachelor’s degree, or attend USI as a non-degree seeking student they must fill out the undergraduate admission application. If you have any additional questions please contact me for assistance.
First time degree seeking: Students that have graduated from high school, or who have earned their high school equivalency certificate. If you have earned college credit post-high school graduation you will be considered a transfer student.
Transfer Students: Students who have at least one college credit post-high school graduation from a regionally accredited college or university.
Second Bachelor’s Degree: If a student has earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university and is interested in earning another bachelor’s degree.
Non-degree seeking: Only intends on taking specific courses of interest without declaring a major. These credits could potentially be applied towards a degree if in the future the student wants to change their status to degree-seeking.
Returning USI Students: A student that has previously attended USI and is looking to return will need to click the link below to fill out the Undergraduate Readmission form through the Office of the Registrar, or contact the Registrar office at 812-464-1762.
Non-credit courses: These courses are designed to provide opportunities for personal and professional development. Contact Outreach and Engagement if you would like to explore your options in this area.
Graduate students: If you are interested in our Doctor of Nursing Practice or any of our 11 Master Programs please check out the Graduate Studies website for more information.
Other related links:
Academic Majors - This will provide you with a list of all majors offered at USI. Additionally, we have some programs that can be completed either all online, seated, or a blend of seated and online classes, such as:
- Master of Business Administration
- Online Masters of Business Administration
- Online Masters of Business Administration with concentration in Accounting
- Online Masters of Business Administration with concentration in Data Analytics
- Online Masters of Business Administration with concentration in Engineering Management
- Online Masters of Business Administration with concentration in Healthcare Administration
- Online Masters of Business Administration with concentration in Human Resources
- Online RN to BSN Program (BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS)...coming soon
- Online Core Completion (Core 39)...coming soon