News and Faculty Spotlight
Faculty Achievements, Engagement and Publications in 2021
- Retirement: Professor Emeritus of Finance Jong C. Rhim
- Dr. Manfen Chen's Fin325 Financial Modeling course was accepted and approved by Quality Matters.
- Research article accepted: Yang, J. “Fix it with Green:” The Valuation Impact of Green Retrofits on Residential Transaction Price. Journal of Housing Research.
- Alumni update: Matt Kimmick '01, economics and finance, named new CFO at Lucas Oil Products
- Yang, J. and Chen, M. "Does the regulation change play a role in the dividend policy? Empirical study of REITs." Global Business & Finance Review.* Link: http://www.gbfrjournal.org/html/?pmode=journalview&by=2019&bm=12&vol=24&no=4&subno=&page1=63&page2=75
- Dr. Khaled Elkhal, associate professor of finance, interviewed on Eyewitness News, ABC 25, 2/24/20 https://www.tristatehomepage.com/local/coronavirus-continues-to-spread-impacting-the-economy/
- Yang, J. and Cashel-Cordo, P. "The Effectiveness of a Predictor-corrector Technique in European Currency Option Valuation." Global Business & Finance Review.* Link: http://www.gbfrjournal.org/html/?pmode=journalview&by=2019&bm=12&vol=24&no=4&subno=&page1=1&page2=7
- Spend it? Save it? Invest it! - Fall '19 Romain College eNewsletter
- Faculty publication: Dr. Jack Smothers, associate professor of management, Jeanette Maier-Lytle, instructor in accounting, Dr. Manfen Chen, associate professor of finance, and Dr. Kevin Celuch, professor of marketing, co-authored the article, "Engaging Students Through Activity Design: A Service-Dominant Logic Perspective," which was published in the Journal of the Academy of Business Education.
- Dr. Jinsuk Yang, assistant professor of finance, has been awarded a grant for his proposal, "Does Credit Rating Attenuate Corporate Earning Management?"
- Faculty presentation: Dr. Jinsuk Yang, assistant professor of finance, presented Informativeness of Sell-Recommendation at the Academic Business Research (ABR) conference.
- Faculty presentation: Dr. Khaled Elkhal, associate professor of finance, presented, "Resurrection of Capital Asset Pricing Models: A Practical Test with Active Management Approach" at the Financial Management Association conference, in San Diego, CA.
- Faculty presentation: Dr. Khaled Elkhal, associate professor of finance, presented, "When Business Risk is High, Managers Want to Borrow, Creditors Refuse to Lend?" at the Academy of Finance, MBAA International Conference in Chicago.
- A new published article, "The Potential of Student Co-Creation in Extracurricular Experiences," is co-authored by Dr. Kevin Celuch, Dr. Dinko Bačić, Dr. Manfen Chen, Ms. Jeanette Maier-Lytle, and Dr. Jack Smothers.
- Faculty achievement: Dr. Mark McKnight, associate professor of accounting, and Mr. Shawn Robey, instructor in finance, co-authored the publication, "Spending Surges: Considerations Toward a Proposed Model for Explaining Budgetary Slack in Expiring Budgets."
- Beta Alpha Psi chapter designated superior chapter