News and Faculty Spotlight
Faculty Achievements, Engagement and Publications in 2021
- Retirement: Instructor Emerita in Marketing Virginia Weiler.
- Faculty presentation: Global Salon Series presents Ms. Virginia Weiler, instructor in marketing, "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: Marketing in the Global Space."
- Faculty presentation: Dr. Peggy Shields, associate professor of marketing, presented, "Internet Apparel Purchases: An Update" and "The Performing Arts and U.S. Young Adults" at the European Institute of Retailing and Services Studies 25th Conference in Madeira Island, Portugal.
- Faculty presentation: A published article, "The Potential of Student Co-Creation in Extracurricular Experiences," is co-authored by Dr. Kevin Celuch, Dr. Dinko Bačić, Dr. Manfen Chen, Ms. Jeanette Maier-Lytle, and Dr. Jack Smothers.
- Conference presentations by business faculty and students
- Faculty presentation: Virginia Weiler, instructor in marketing. Weiler presented, "Going Paperless and Increasing Retention in University Undergraduates: Blackboard as a Retention Tool in a Traditional Classroom Setting," at the BbWorld 2018 Conference in Orlando, which is Blackboard's annual conference.
- Faculty presentation: Dr. Sang Choe, professor of marketing, presented, "A New Investment Mecca: North Korea for Global Enterprises," at the MBAA International Conference 2019 in Chicago, Illinois.
- Faculty publication: Dr. Sang Choe, professor of marketing. Choe's co-authored article, "A New Investment Mecca: North Korea for Global Enterprises," has been published in The Journal of International Business Research and Practice, Vol. 13 2019.
- Faculty publication: Dr. Jack Smothers, associate professor of management, Jeanette Maier-Lytle, instructor in accounting, Dr. Manfen Chen, associate professor of finance, and Dr. Kevin Celuch, professor of marketing, co-authored the article, "Engaging Students Through Activity Design: A Service-Dominant Logic Perspective," which was published in the Journal of the Academy of Business Education.
- Faculty award: Dr. Chad Milewicz, receives the Dean's Award for Excellence in Service.
- Dr. Carl Saxby's retirement featured in Spring '20 Romain College eNewsletter
- Mesak, H. I., Wanjugu, S., & Blackstock, R. (2020). An examination of the diffusion of prepaid
mobile telephony in selected emerging markets and developing economies. Information & Management, 57. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2020.103343