The first step to becoming a USI student is to set up your USI network ID and email. If you have trouble accessing your myUSI account, please contact the IT Help Desk by phone 812-465-1080.
Step 1. Submit the required documentation.
- Submit all required documentation one month prior to the start of each term. For a full list of required documents, please visit the Graduate Studies website.
- If you begin the program with the General MBA concentration, that is what you will complete the program with unless you declare a specific concentration. To declare a concentration after admission, please complete the Change of Graduate Program online form. You should be able to get all necessary terms and other data from DegreeWorks (see step 5 below on how to use DegreeWorks.)
Step 2. Activate your myUSI account.
- Once you are accepted to USI, you should receive a notification via email and/or postal mail. You may then activate your account in myUSI with your student account information provided in your notification. MyUSI is a web portal providing access to many USI services with one login. It allows students to access their grades, transcripts, email, Blackboard, view/pay bills, change their address, and much more.
Step 4. Access your USI Eagles Email.
- Each USI student is given an Eagles email address. This is the email address that USI will use to communicate with you, and you will use it to communicate with professors and classmates. Access your Eagles email account by logging in to myUSI and clicking on the Eagles email icon. For more information about USI's email system please visit the USI email page.
Step 5. Registration and Course Schedule.
- Traditional/Hybrid Students: Those taking the "In-Class & Online" format need to self-enroll in all courses. If taking the online sections, select the DE campus.
- Accelerated Online Only Students are automatically enrolled in one course upon acceptance to the program, then must enroll in all subsequent courses. Be sure to select the courses with the AO campus.
- Students may register for up to 12 credit hours per semester (6 credit hours per term). When registering for courses look for the discipline of the course. For example, if you are looking for ACCT 601, you will want to search for Accounting and then the course number. Do not search for courses by Master of Business Administration unless the course code is MBA. The discipline names you will look for are:
- Accounting (ACCT)
- Business Analytics (BAN)
- Business Law (BLAW)
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Economics (ECON)
- Finance (FIN)
- Industrial Management (IM)
- Management (MNGT)
- Marketing (MKTG)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- For accelerated (8-week) courses, students can expect to devote 10-15 hours per week per course.
- Fall and Spring semesters are not separated into official terms. You will use the same Fall or Spring semester to register for both terms. Pay attention to the dates of the courses listed and use our long-term schedule to plan your degree program. Please prioritize concentration courses as most are offered less frequently than core MBA courses. Core MBA courses do not need to be taken before concentration courses.
- You can check your course schedule or add/drop a course in myUSI. Click on the "Self-Service" icon, then click on the "Student" link, and click "Registration." You can check your registration status, class schedule, and add or drop classes.
- Books and Materials: You can find the required books through the Campus Store. Other downloadable materials may be available on the course BlackBoard.
- Note: Registration for MBA classes closes 4:30 pm Central time the Friday before the class starts. If a class is full (no seats available), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 6. Access your course.
- Access all course materials and activities in "Blackboard Learn", a course management system used by USI faculty and students. You can enter the system by clicking on the Blackboard icon in myUSI. To get started, visit the Blackboard student tutorial. Please note that classes do not populate in Blackboard until on or just before the first day of class.
Step 7. Be mindful of important dates.
- Please record important dates on your personal calendar: USI's Academic Calendar
- Be sure to click "Calendar for Accelerated Courses" at the link above if you taking accelerated courses.
Step 8. Preparing for Online Learning.
- Please review the online learning resources to prepare for your coursework.
Questions about Enrollment:
Questions about Tuition Payment: