The direct pay form should be used:
- To place an order with a vendor when a University purchase order is not required.
- To pay a company/person for products/services received when a University purchase order is not required.
- To reimburse an individual for items purchased on behalf of the University when a purchase order is not required.
Forms of acceptable documentation include:
- Original invoices
- Original signed contracts
- Original itemized receipts
- Copies of catalog or Internet pages (for prepaid orders)
- Order forms or cover letters addressed to the vendor (for prepaid orders)
- Telephone quotes, including the name of individual at company giving quote and the date of quote
Examples of unacceptable documentation include:
- Photocopies of invoices
- Photocopies of receipts
- Credit card receipts or statements not supported by itemized documentation
- Monthly statements when invoices are available
- Statements showing a previous balance without explanation of charges
- Receipts that do not indicate payment
- Invoices not addressed to USI