Each academic year, the USI Center for Campus Life recognizes the work and contribution of our 150+ student organizations. Awards are presented at the Student Organization Celebration. The 2023 celebration will be held April 11 in Carter Hall. Details and invitations will be sent in early March.
Student Organization Award Application is NOW OPEN!
Applications are DUE 11:59 p.m. March 13, 2023
Student Organization General Awards
- Outstanding New Student Organization - presented to an organization that has been registered for 1-2 academic years
- Student Organization of the Year - presented to an organization that has been registered for at least 3 academic years
- EagleSync Utilization - presented to a student organization that demonstrates intentional use and integration of EagleSync
- Making A Difference Award - presented to a student organization that demonstrates through action the importance of serving the campus, community, country, and the world
- Leading By Example Award - presented to a student organization that facilitates leadership development and promotes leadership opportunities for its members, the campus, and the community
Student Organization Individual Awards
- President of the Year - This award is to honor a student organization president who has shown exceptional commitment to their organization. Qualified candidates will possess strong leadership skills, a high degree of integrity, and have had an overall positive impact on their organization. Student organizations can nominate any student who was president of their organization during any portion of the 2022-2023 academic school year.
- Advisor of the Year - This award is to honor the student organization advisor who has demonstrated outstanding contributions with their time and expertise. Student organizations can nominate any individual who has volunteered their time to advise the organization outside of their regular duties at the University.
- Silent Inspiration Award - This award is given to a student who has served their organization in an unassuming and quiet manner. This award is for a student who has not yet held a leadership role and/or elected office, but through a commitment of time and energy they have made an impact on the organization. The student is nominated by their peers or advisor for this award, without the nominee’s knowledge.
Student Organization Programming Awards
- Diversity Engagement: Recognizes a program or event that engages student activism surrounding multicultural, cross-cultural, and/or diversity issues.
- Campus Collaboration: Recognizes a program or event that occurred due to the collaborative relationship between USI organizations and/or departments.
- Community Outreach: Recognizes a program or event that encouraged social, ethical, and/or civic responsibility.
- Campus Impact: Recognizes a program or event that empowered students to take action and make a significant difference in the campus community.