The primary purpose of faculty development is to provide support to faculty in the improvement of teaching (including advising), scholarship, and leadership development.
Responsibilities of the director include:
- Supervise all activities of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Collaborate with the Provost's Office, college deans, department chairs, program chairs, and faculty.
- Chair the CETL Advisory Board.
- Organize workshops, seminars, and presentations for and by faculty & staff for the purpose of development in teaching, scholarship, and leadership.
- Work with the Council of Department Chairs and Program Directors to develop and provide leadership professional development opportunities for department chairs and program directors.
- Organize and maintain orientation programming for new faculty members.
- Foster innovation, research-based practices, and high impact practices in support of student learning.
- Work closely with Distance Learning and Information Technology in promoting effective use of technology as well as online education.
|| Amy B. Chan Hilton, PhD, PE, F.EWRI
Director of CETL
Professor of Engineering
Email | Web