- The Council shall meet at least twice per semester.
- Ten members of the Council at any Council Meeting shall constitute a quorum of the Council.
- An act approved by a majority of Council members (or designated representatives) in attendance at any Council Meeting where a quorum is present shall be considered an act of this Council.
- This Charter may be amended at any Council Meeting where a quorum exists by a two-thirds vote of Council members (or designated representatives) in attendance.
- The Council shall operate under the most current edition of Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised (Cambridge, Mass.: Perseus Publishing).
The forgoing Charter of the Council of Department Chairs/Program Directors at the University of Southern Indiana was adopted by vote of the Council in meeting on May 9, 2006 and subsequently approved by the Provost.