In counseling, you receive assistance from someone who is not directly impacted by how you live your life or the choices you make. You don’t have to censor yourself.
Regardless of what you share and what you do, counselors are on your side. We want the best for you.
Except in limited circumstances, all communications, including your decision to even seek counseling, are kept between you and the Counseling Center. We value your privacy. To learn more about confidentiality, click here.
Our professionally trained counselors have worked with a wide variety of students and there is not much we haven’t seen. On the off chance that you tell us something new or different, that’s okay, we are pretty good at applying what we know to unique circumstances.
Location: OC 1051
Hours: M-F, 8am-4:30pm
1/10: Chai Chat, @ UC 2205, 12:30 - 1:30 pm
1/16: Be Informed to Do Well resource table, @ UC East, 11 am - 1 pm
1/17: The Power Hour, @ the Multicultural Center (UC East), 12 - 1 pm
1/24: Student Involvement Fair, @ UC East - second floor, 10 am - 2 pm
1/30: Student Success Week
- Healthy Relationships: What They Do (and Don’t) Look Like, @ UC 2206, 10:30 – 11 am
- Do You Like What You See in the Mirror? Having Healthy Body Image, @ UC 2218, 11:15 - 11:45 am
- Overwhelmed? Learn How One ACCEPTS and Overcomes!, @UC 2217, 11:15 - 11:45 am
- Justice for All: Taking a Personal Stand Against Discrimination, @ UC 2207, 2:15 - 2:45 pm
- Is This Normal? Common Concerns of College Students, @ UC 2207, 3 - 3:30 pm
1/31: Student Success Week
- The Truth We Believe Becomes the Reality We See, @ UC 2207, 11:30 am - 12 pm
- Healthy Relationships: What They Do (and Don’t) Look Like, @ UC 2218, 12:15 - 12:45 pm
- The Truth We Believe Becomes the Reality We See, @ UC 2207, 12:15 - 12:45 pm
- Be Heard! Assertiveness and Its Many Benefits, @ UC 2217, 12:15 - 12:45 pm
- Just How "Post-Racial" Are We? Beginning Discussions on Race, @ UC 2217, 1 - 1:30 pm
- Developing Your Silver Linings Playbook: Strategies for Coping with Life's Difficulties and Challenges, @ UC 2217, 1:45 - 2:15 pm
1/31: I Am Jane Doe screening and panel discussion, @ Mitchell Auditorium, 5:30 - 8 pm
2/1: Student Success Week
- Gay, Straight, and Everything in Between: Beginning Discussions on LGBT Issues, @ UC 2218, 11:15 - 11:45 am
2/7: Chai Chat, @ UC 2205, 12:30 - 1:30 pm
2/13: Mustache for Consent: Pledge to End Sexual Violence, @ UC Traditions Lounge, 2 - 4 pm
2/20: Be Connected to Do Well resource table, @ UC North, 11 am - 1 pm
2/21: The Power Hour, @ the Multicultural Center (UC East), 12 - 1 pm
2/21: Mandela Social Justice Day Keynote Address: Chaos or Community - The Persistent Question in Achieving Racial Progress and Human Rights (presented by Tia Oso), @ Carter Hall, 6 - 8 pm
2/28: Safe Spring Break Fair, @ UC East Lobby, 11 am - 1 pm
To learn more about these events, please go to the Outreach & Programming Guide (Spring 2018).