The USI Counseling Center is available to all currently enrolled students, including veterans. Student veterans who are interested in scheduling an appointment can stop by the Counseling Center (Orr 1051) or call (812-464-1867) to make an appointment.
This office seeks to ease the transition from military to civilian life, and guides students as they embark on or continue their college experience. The Veteran Support Services office also assist students with applying for and utilizing Department of Veterans Affairs Education benefits. Click here for additional information.
The Counseling Center is pleased to announce a new partnership with the Evansville Vet Center. The Vet Center provides free and confidential readjustment counseling to veterans and their families. USI students can now access Vet Center services on campus in the USI Counseling Center. To take advantage of this service, please contact the Vet Center directly (812-473-5993) and inform them that you would like to meet at the Counseling Center. Additional information can be found here.
6211 E. Waterford Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47715
Star Behavioral Health provides referrals to civilian professional who have undergone specialized training to help them understand and work with military service members and their families.
Military Pathways is a website that specifically addresses the concerns of military service members and their families. The program provides free, anonymous mental health and alcohol self-assessments for service personnel and their families.
The website allows you to choose a self-assessment that addresses your concerns. After you complete the self-assessment, you will be provided with your results and referral information including services provided through the Department of Defense and Veterans Affairs.
Department of Veterans Affairs
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
1-800-273-TALK (8255), then press 1
Call, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24/7. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is available.
Location: OC 1051
Hours: M-F, 8am-4:30pm
1/10: Chai Chat, @ UC 2205, 12:30 - 1:30 pm
1/16: Be Informed to Do Well resource table, @ UC East, 11 am - 1 pm
1/17: The Power Hour, @ the Multicultural Center (UC East), 12 - 1 pm
1/24: Student Involvement Fair, @ UC East - second floor, 10 am - 2 pm
1/30: Student Success Week
- Healthy Relationships: What They Do (and Don’t) Look Like, @ UC 2206, 10:30 – 11 am
- Do You Like What You See in the Mirror? Having Healthy Body Image, @ UC 2218, 11:15 - 11:45 am
- Overwhelmed? Learn How One ACCEPTS and Overcomes!, @UC 2217, 11:15 - 11:45 am
- Justice for All: Taking a Personal Stand Against Discrimination, @ UC 2207, 2:15 - 2:45 pm
- Is This Normal? Common Concerns of College Students, @ UC 2207, 3 - 3:30 pm
1/31: Student Success Week
- The Truth We Believe Becomes the Reality We See, @ UC 2207, 11:30 am - 12 pm
- Healthy Relationships: What They Do (and Don’t) Look Like, @ UC 2218, 12:15 - 12:45 pm
- The Truth We Believe Becomes the Reality We See, @ UC 2207, 12:15 - 12:45 pm
- Be Heard! Assertiveness and Its Many Benefits, @ UC 2217, 12:15 - 12:45 pm
- Just How "Post-Racial" Are We? Beginning Discussions on Race, @ UC 2217, 1 - 1:30 pm
- Developing Your Silver Linings Playbook: Strategies for Coping with Life's Difficulties and Challenges, @ UC 2217, 1:45 - 2:15 pm
1/31: I Am Jane Doe screening and panel discussion, @ Mitchell Auditorium, 5:30 - 8 pm
2/1: Student Success Week
- Gay, Straight, and Everything in Between: Beginning Discussions on LGBT Issues, @ UC 2218, 11:15 - 11:45 am
2/7: Chai Chat, @ UC 2205, 12:30 - 1:30 pm
2/13: Mustache for Consent: Pledge to End Sexual Violence, @ UC Traditions Lounge, 2 - 4 pm
2/20: Be Connected to Do Well resource table, @ UC North, 11 am - 1 pm
2/21: The Power Hour, @ the Multicultural Center (UC East), 12 - 1 pm
2/21: Mandela Social Justice Day Keynote Address: Chaos or Community - The Persistent Question in Achieving Racial Progress and Human Rights (presented by Tia Oso), @ Carter Hall, 6 - 8 pm
2/28: Safe Spring Break Fair, @ UC East Lobby, 11 am - 1 pm
To learn more about these events, please go to the Outreach & Programming Guide (Spring 2018).