The Student Affairs Committee is composed of a faculty member appointed from each academic college by the Faculty Senate, one At-Large member, and three student members appointed by the Student Government Association. The president may appoint ex-officio members to the committee. Functions of the committee are:
- To review and recommend general University policies dealing with:
- Admissions, retention, and academic standards.
- University scholarships, awards, and honors.
- Student orientation toward academic life.
- Student assessment of the total learning environment.
- Student academic advisement.
- Student appeals related to behavior with respect to curriculum and instruction.
- To make final decisions in the appeal cases of students denied admission or readmission through ordinary University channels.
- To select the recipients of University-wide awards, including the President's Medal.
Mr. Timothy Bryan
Instructor in Accounting
Business and Engineering Center 2076
Dr. Erin Gilles
Assistant Professor of Advertising
Liberal Arts Center 3081
Dr. Swateja Nimkar
Assistant Professor of Health Services
Health Professions Center 2115
Mrs. Amy Pierce
Instructor in Nursing
Health Professions Center 2062
Dr. Clarissa Willis
Associate Professor of EducationChildren's Learning Center Coordinator
Education Center 3134
Dr. Stephanie Young
Associate Professor of Communication StudiesDirector of Basic Course
Liberal Arts Center 3095
FORMER COMMITTEE MEMBERS
2015-2016 COMMITTEE REPORT