Complete the Graduate Studies online application to express your interest in becoming a USI Graduate Student. Apply today!
Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable $40 application fee to complete their graduate application. Pay here!
Is my fee waived?
The Graduate application fee is waived for:
- US Veterans or those currently serving in the US Armed Forces
- Current USI employees
- Fullbright Scholars
- McNair Scholars
Graduate Studies requires every degree seeking applicant to request all official transcripts from every attended university or college. Failure to submit official transcripts from every institution will impede admission. Coursework from one institution reported as transfer credit on another school's transcript does not constitute as an official transcript. USI transcripts do not need to be requested.
Where do I send my transcripts?
Universities that are unable to send transcripts electronically can mail sealed transcripts to:
USI Graduate Studies
8600 University Blvd
Evansville, IN 47712
Submit an official (photocopy not acceptable) TOEFL or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report verifying a minimum total score of one of the following:
- TOEFL (paper-based): 550
- TOEFL (internet-based): 79
- IELTS: 6.5
Exception: International students whose native language is English or who have graduated from an American university in which the language of instruction is English are not required to demonstrate language proficiency. Information about the TOEFL administration dates and registration procedure may be obtained from TOEFL Services, Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 6151, Princeton, New Jersey 08541-6151, USA; telephone 609-771-7100. The web address is www.toefl.org.
Additional document may be required by the Center for International Programs
For more information regarding specific program requirements and program application deadlines, refer to the Graduate Program page.
- Submit resumes with references by email to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- USI will perform your first class registration and send the results to your USI email account (MBA online, accelerated students only). Please complete the MBA orientation to familiarize yourself with the program, plan your degree path and enroll in additional courses.
- Upon receiving an offer of admission to the MBA program you agree to abide by the University's policies regarding enrollment in and/or withdrawal from courses. Information regarding these policies may be found on the Registrar's website.
Graduate Studies Admission Criteria
- Applicants must have an overall minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.5/4.0.
- Applicants applying before degree conferral must notify Graduate Studies with the name of the university, degree and conferral date.
- Exchange Student? Students participating in an established exchange program between their home istitution and the University of Southern Indiana should contact the International office at their institution to apply for the program. Further information about USI exchange programs is available from Heidi Gregori-Gahan, Director of Center for International Programs at USI.
- Re-applying? Complete the admission steps above. Graduate students, including degree seeking and non-degree seeking, who have not enrolled in a graduate course for one academic year must reapply to Graduate Studies and the specific program in which they were originally admitted. Additional documentation may be required of international applicants.