2023 Online Calendar
Case Management/Care Coordination Program
Clinical Simulation Program-On Demand
Coding (Medical) Certificate Program
Complementary and Alternative Medicine Program
Diabetes Management Program
Faith Community Nursing Program
Genetics Program- On Demand
Heart Failure Program- On Demand
Hypertension Management Program- On Demand
Integrating Behavioral Health into Primary Care- On Demand
Limited Cardiac Catheterization Radiography Certification Program
Lipid Management Program-On Demand
Opioid, Nonopioid, and Nonpharmacologic Treatment of Pain- On Demand
Pain Management - On Demand
Patient Care in the Primary Setting- On Demand
Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes-On Demand
Respecting Choices® First Steps®
Wound Management-On Demand
Conferences and Workshops
Online & On-Campus
Fall & Spring starts Online Registration Form
Description of Program
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, medical coding is one of the fastest growing professions in the nation. Medical coding is the transformation of health care diagnosis, procedure, medical services and equipment into universal medical alphanumeric codes. The medical coding professional translates the medical record documentation to the appropriate codes in order to create a claim to be paid by insurance carriers. Coding provides a means ensuring that medical services/equipment/supplies are appropriately captured for reporting and reimbursements.
Information regarding the Medical Coding Certification exam can be obtained at www.aapc.com
Perks of this program:
- Use the AAPC curriculum, which is proven to produce the highest passing rates for the CPC exam
- This is a hybrid program which is a mixture of classroom training and online learning
- Attend the required, face-to-face, instructional sessions of the program which are taught by a local AAPC Certified Instructor
- Receive discounted first year AAPC membership (normal membership fee is $180, AAPC Student membership is $125)
- Receive discounted certification fee (from $399 down to $325)
- Meet adult learner needs with 24/7 access to the hybrid learning center
- Maintain access to curriculum until your certification exam
- Receive one free certification practice exam from www.aapc.com
- Upon completing the program, participants can remove one year of required experience from their apprenticeship status
Who Should Enroll in this Program?
This program is designed for English-speaking individuals with a career goal of becoming a professional coder or interest in the content.
A good understanding of anatomy and physiology, the disease process, clinical procedures and medical terminology is strongly recommended.
The content is divided into modules. Each module utilizes instructor outlines, audio/video recordings, reading assignments, articles, web resources and case studies to augment the learning process. These methods provide the participant with flexibility in completing assignments and interacting with the faculty. Interaction with faculty may occur as feedback to assignments, via email and face-to-face during scheduled class time. The content cover the business of medicine, anatomy/medical terms, ICD-10-CM, introduction to CPT, surgery guidelines, HCPCS and modifiers, coding related to each body system along with anesthesia, radiology, pathology/laboratory and evaluation and management.
A textbook(s) is required for this program. Upon registration, you will receive detailed information to purchase the textbook(s).
This 16-week program requires 16 hours of mandatory face-to-face classroom time as indicated on this webpage.
|Online Start||Saturday Face to Face Dates|
|January 16, 2023||February 25 and April 1, 2023|
|July 17, 2023||TBA|
The learning outcome of this program is to enable the learner in the correct application of CPT, HCPCS Level II procedure and supply codes and ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes for coding and billing for medical claims.
At the conclusion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Depict a knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology to correctly code provider diagnosis and services.
- Demonstrate the fundamentals of medical coding.
- Recognize medical coding guidelines and regulations including compliance and reimbursement.
- Integrate medical coding and payment policy into the reimbursement process.
Delivery of Content
The content is delivered asynchronous via a hybrid program which is a mixture of local classroom training and online learning. The internet provides an opportunity for interaction with program faculty while in the comfort of learning in your own home and office. Program staff are available during business hours by phone or email to assist participants with technical issues or concerns.
Note: Many businesses, especially government agencies or health institutions, utilize security firewalls. Access to web links within program and communication from the instructor, or other students may be blocked. We recommend not using your work email address for this course.
80 contact hours
Criteria for Successful Completion
- Submit registration and payment.
- Complete all program requirements.
- A certificate for contact hours will be provided once program requirements are completed
Faculty Names and Credentials
Nicole Snyder, COC, CPC Approved-Instructor
Conflict of Interest Statement
No individual in a position to control content has any relevant financial relationships.
The University of Southern Indiana College of Nursing and Health Professions is accredited as a provider of continuing education by the AAPC.
To Register: Click on the link above. We recommend utilizing Chrome or Firefox with a computer or tablet to register for our programs.
Registration may not be available until closer to the start date.
We reserve the right to cancel any offering if there is insufficient enrollment. Registered participants will be notified in advance and fully refunded if this occurs.
The fee includes access to the program, along with all resources and handouts. A text, if applicable, is not included in the fee.
Registration by invoicing employer closes two weeks prior to the start date. There is a $25 fee to invoice.
A $50 administrative fee will be charged prior to the start date of the activity if the registration fee has been paid. On or after the start date of the class there will be no refund.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-877-USI-HLTH (874-4584) or 812-461-5217 or email firstname.lastname@example.org