Publications, Presentations and Awards
- Valadares, K., Smith, W., Leahy, S., Ehlman, K., Arnold, R., Artz, J. (July, 2022). Adapting Primary Care Workflows to Promote
Advance Care Planning. Annals of Family Medicine,
- Ward, Z., Weagley, J.D., Reynolds, E., Nimkar, S., Diekemper, K., & Valadares, K. (in press). Enhancing Access & Quality of a
Graduate Health Administration Program. Manuscript submitted for publication. The Journal of Health Administration
- Butler, R., Phifer, L., Leahy, S., Fowler, H., & Ehlman, K (September, 2022). Comprehensive Geriatric Assessments: A Win-Win for
Interprofessional Education and Medically Underserved Older Adults [Conference presentation]. September 13 & 14, 2022,
Virtual Meeting of Nexus Summit 2022.
- Diekemper, K. & Valadares, K. (June, 2022). Embedding an Advance Care Planning Facilitator Certification into Health
Administration Curricula [Conference presentation]. June 7-9, 2022, Association of University Programs in Health
Administration (AUPHA) Annual Meeting.
- Fournier, L. (April, 2022). Reminiscence Intervention: Stress Risk Reduction for People Living with Dementia in a Smart Home
[Conference presentation]. April 5-9, 2022, Southern Gerontological Society's 43rd Annual Meeting and Conference.
- Fournier, L., Wright, L., Izzi, K., & Ehlman, K. (April, 2022). Dementia-Friendly Communities: Addressing ADRD Community
Knowledge Gaps and Healthy Equity in Rural Locations [Conference presentation abstract]. April 5 & 6, 2022, Virtual Meeting
of Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA).
- Arthur, P., & Fournier, L. (February, 2022). Utilizing Technology to Improve the Lives of Adults with Dementia and their Care
Partners at Home. Platform presentation at the Sixth Annual Sandra Edwards Colloquium, University of Florida.
- Arthur, P., & Fournier, L. (November, 2021). Research Done Differently: Engaging Dementia Stakeholders in the Southern Indiana
Dementia Workgroup. Platform presentation at the Indiana Occupational Therapy Association’s Fall Conference.
- Valadares, K., Leahy, S., Hollander, T., & Ehlman, K. (November, 2021). What Matters Most: ACP Evolving in Practice. Symposium
presentation at the Gerontological Society of America 2021 Annual Scientific Meeting Online.
- Arthur, P. & Hape, K. (October, 2021). Advanced Connections: Increasing Access to Authentic Telehealth Experiences in OT
Classrooms. Technical session completed at the American Occupational Therapy Association’s Education Summit, October
23, 2021, St Louis, MO.
- Diekemper, K., & Valadares, K. (2021, June). Developing an AIT Initiative to Promote Leadership Development and Post-Acute
Care Collaboration. Oral presentation at the 2021 Virtual Association of University Programs in Health Administration
(AUPHA) Annual Meeting.
- Diekemper, K., & Valadares, K. (2021, June). Elevating Older Adults and Caregivers: Initiating a Post-Acute Care (PAC)
Concentration and Certificate Program. Poster presented at the 2021 Virtual Association of University Programs in Health
Administration (AUPHA) Annual Meeting.
- Fournier, L., Ehlman, K., Hancock, B., & Huelsmann, R. (2021, April). Dementia Citizenship: Shaping Dementia-Friendly
Communities. Presentation at the Southern Gerontological Society 2021 Annual Conference and Meeting (Virtual).
- Valadares, K., Reynolds, E., Nimkar, S., Ward, Z., Diekemper, K., & Weagley, J.D. (2021, February). A Graduate Degree Program
Remodel for Academic Success, Differentiation and Access. Presentation via Zoom at the University of Southern Indiana's
Celebration of Teaching and Learning Symposium.
- Leahy, S., Ehlman, K., Maish, L., Conrad, B., Wells, R., & Holscher, L. (2020, November). Innovative Partnerships Between Primary
Care, AAAs, and Academia Connect 4Ms and Social Determinants of Health. Poster presented at the Gerontological Society of
America 2020 Annual Scientific Meeting Online.
- Valadares, K. & Arnold, R. (July, 2022). GWEP-CC Case Study: The Journey To Age-Friendly Primary Care. American Geriatrics
- Valadares, K., & Arnold, R. (September, 2021). What Matters Most to You: A Multimodal Advance Care Planning Initiative
Embedded Within a Primary Care Clinic. Case Study Stipend from the American Geriatrics Society GWEP Coordinating Center
(GWEP-CC) – $1,000.
- Fournier, L. (September, 2021). Joy for People Living with Dementia Using a Virtual Assistant. U.S. National Academy of Medicine
Healthy Longevity Global Grand Challenge Catalyst Award – $50,000.
- Conrad, B. (October, 2020). Level One Recognition as an Age-Friendly Health System. The John A. Hartford Foundation and the
Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI).
- Ehlman, K. & Izzi, K. (August 2022). Dementia Friendly Communities: Working Together for Older Adults [Conference
presentation]. August 11 & 12, 2022, Mid-America Institute on Aging and Wellness Conference.