Students who apply in this track must successfully complete or will complete all first-year coursework by May 6, 2024 (end of USI's Spring 2024 semester). Students accepted to this program will start nursing courses Fall 2024 and have summer enrollments. First-year courses are listed below:
- ENG 101 Rhetoric and Composition I
- ENG 201 Rhetoric and Composition II
- BIOL 121 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL 122 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- CHEM 141 Principles of Chemistry
- MATH 114 Quantitative Reasoning
- PSY 201 Introduction to Psychology
- HP 115 Medical Terminology
- UNIV 101 First Year Experience
- CMST 101 or CMS 107 101: Intro to Public Speaking or 107: Interpersonal Communications
- KIN 192 Concepts in Health & Wellness
All eligibility rules apply. Please consult your Academic Advisor for more information on this track.
April 1, 2024 Application deadline.
- Must be accepted by the University as an undergraduate student first.
- Online application must be submitted by end of day April 1, 2024.
April 15, 2024 Supplemental document deadline.
- Personal statement and Leadership and community engagement resume must be submitted by end of day April 15, 2024.
May 6, 2024 All first-year courses successfully completed.
- Official transcripts for coursework completed at other institutions must be on file with the University by this date.
May 18, 2024 In-person interview.
- Applicant to be notified of specific time and location after May 6, 2024.
- Acceptance to the University of Southern Indiana as an undergraduate.
- Application to the Bachelors of Science in Nursing Program at the College of Nursing and Health Professions. Holistic Admissions Application.
- Submission of a 150-word Personal Statement describing why you want to become a nurse. Please create a Microsoft Word DOC or DOCX or PDF document to attach to the Holistic Admissions Application when prompted.
- Submission of the Leadership and Community Engagement Resume. Please download form provided here and complete. Attach when prompted in the Holistic Admissions Application. Leadership and Community Engagement Resume Form
- Participation in a personal interview.
- Non-native speakers of English must meet English proficiency requirements as established by the USI Center for International Programs.