Doctor of Nursing Practice - BSN to DNP Admission
Applicants are required to meet the following criteria for consideration:
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from a nationally-accredited nursing program and a regionally-accredited college or university earned prior to applying to the BSN to DNP program.
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE a minimum cumulative baccalaureate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. GPAs are reviewed based upon the total BSN GPA. This includes transfer courses in RN Completion programs.
- Satisfactory completion of a course in undergraduate statistics (grade C or better) at the time of application.
- An unencumbered US RN license in all states of practice.
All application materials for admission review, including all transcripts, must be received prior to fall semester. One cannot be considered until both applications are deemed complete. Please note that admission is competitive.
Applicants seeking admission to the Doctor of Nursing Practice program must complete two applications:
Application number one - USI Graduate Studies Application:
The following admission materials must be submitted to the Graduate Studies office before the Nursing Application Deadline:
• A completed Graduate Studies application. Click here to begin the Graduate Studies Application.
• Non-refundable $40 application fee.
• Official transcripts from every attended university or college.
• International students may be required to provide additional materials.
• Detailed information can be found on the Graduate Studies website.
The Nursing Admissions Committee cannot review your application without confirmation that your application to the University of Southern Indiana Graduate Studies is complete.
Application number two - USI BSN to DNP Nursing Program Application:
- Application to the BSN to DNP Program. This is the application to the College of Nursing and Health Professions BSN to DNP Program. Once you have successfully submitted this application, you will receive a confirmation email that an application was submitted.
- Current professional resume or curriculum vitae.
- Statement of professional goals. In a typewritten paper (1 -2 page narrative) describe your practice experience and professional goals, including the area of nursing practice you will focus on in the program.
- Please submit the resume/curriculum vitae and the statement of professional goals as one pdf document, resume first, as an attachment via email from the email address you noted on your application to email@example.com. Subject line of the email should be BSN to DNP Application Documents. Applicants will receive a confirmation email once the document has been reviewed for completeness.
- Three references submitted via the online BSN to DNP Reference.This is an online reference form - please send the link provided to your reference and supply your reference with your email address in order for you to receive confirmation of reference form submission. A minimum of one reference should be from faculty from your BSN program.
- Complete the DNP Project Information Form. Describe a practice related issue that will serve as the focus of your DNP project; include the significance and impact of the project to nursing and health care.
- Faculty may request an interview with an applicant once all the admission criteria listed above have been met.
Graduate Studies Application: http://www.usi.edu/graduatestudies/admission-to-graduate-programs/
BSN to DNP Nursing Application: https://www.usi.edu/health/ssl/apply/nursbsndnp.aspx
BSN to DNP Reference Form: https://usisurvey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_73R0SNGTuuhDWAd
DNP Project Information Form: https://usisurvey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3xF0gD4Wk9VzmW9