*Photos in links below are from the show apartment in Hanly (decorations and accessories not included). This apartment represents a typical two bedroom, four person apartment in O'Daniel South, O'Daniel North and McDonald West. Please remember that while buildings are similar room/window dimensions and furniture/flooring styles may vary.
- Apartments are four person/two bedroom. There are a limited number of two person/two bedroom, two person/one bedroom and one person/one bedroom. (Two person/two bedroom apartments are the same floor plan as a four person/two bedroom. One bedroom floor plan is the same as a two bedroom only without a second bedroom.)
- 700 square feet (room layouts)
- Each apartment is equipped with a full kitchen, including range/oven, full-sized refrigerator/freezer, sink, garbage disposal and cabinets. Residents provide their own dishes, cooking utensils, pots/pans, microwave, etc.
- Living areas include couch, chair, end table and coffee table.
- Dining areas have a dining table and four chairs.
- There are two windows in the living room and one window in each bedroom. Windows come with blinds that are not to be removed. Residents may hang curtains but should only use tension curtain rods. It is recommended that residents wait until they move in to measure windows for curtains since dimensions may vary among buildings.
- Flooring varies throughout the buildings. Some apartments have carpet and others have vinyl wood flooring.
- Overhead lighting with ample outlets for individual lamps (halogen not permitted).
- In O'Daniel North, O'Daniel South and McDonald West there are PTAC units that are individually controlled which provide heat and air conditioning. There is one in the living room and one in each bedroom. McDonald East provides central air conditioning.
- Residents are responsible for cleaning their apartments and must provide their own cleaning supplies and trash cans.
- Each bedroom has a private bathroom with a towel bar. A shower liner and hooks are provided. Most residents bring a shower curtain. Residents must provide toilet paper, towels, toiletries, etc.
- Bedrooms include two desks and two chairs, nightstand, dresser(s), and two twin beds with mattresses (beds are standard size twin). Furniture varies among apartments. Most bedrooms will have two three-drawer dressers, some will have one six-drawer dresser and others will have a six drawer storage cabinet. Please note dresser styles vary throughout the apartments and there is not an inventory of which style is in each apartment.
- Each bedroom has one closet for two residents to share. All closets have a top shelf that runs the length of the closet. The closets do not have doors.
- Limited number of designated single-occupancy bedrooms have a double bed. Residents who contract for a four person/two bedroom apartment and then buy out a bedroom side will have two twin beds.
- Beds raised to their highest have a space of 30" high underneath for storage. Lofts and bed risers are prohibited.
- Beds can be bunked. Metal pins are in each bedroom to do so. Students are responsible for bunking beds.
- Bedrooms are equipped with Ethernet connections and wireless Internet access (resident must provide Ethernet cord). There is no specific cord length as it depends on how residents choose to arrange the furniture in the rooms.
- New for fall 2020 - SpectrumU will replace traditional cable TV. It is a TV streaming service that lets you watch live TV anytime, anywhere on campus using your phone, tablet, laptop, desktop or Roku® device.
- Located in the McDonald West apartment area is the Residence Life Community Center, which includes a laundry facility, community space, computers, pay printer, ATM, copy machine and convenience store, Eagle Express.
- There is a large laundry room in O'Daniel South and additional laundry facilities available in each apartment building in McDonald East community. Laundry rooms in O'Daniel South and the Residence Life Community Center use both coins and Eagle Access Card. Laundry in McDonald East is coin only. Laundry is $1.50 to wash per load and $1.25 to dry per load.
- O'Daniel North offers access to a lounge area in the HRL office with computers and a pay printer.
- Mailboxes for McDonald East residents are in the Residence Life Community Center and mailboxes for O'Daniel North, O'Daniel South and McDonald West are in the HRL office.