Housing and Residence Life
- Apartments are four person/two bedroom. There are a limited number of two person/two bedroom, two person/one bedroom and one person/one bedroom. (Two person/two bedroom apartments are the same floor plan as a four person/two bedroom)
- 700 square feet (room layouts)
- Each apartment is equipped with a full kitchen, including range/oven, full-sized refrigerator/freezer, sink, garbage disposal and cabinets. Residents provide their own dishes, cooking utensils, pots/pans, microwave, etc.
- Living areas include couch, chair, end table and coffee table.
- Dining areas have a dining table and four chairs.
- There are two windows in the living room and one window in each bedroom. Windows come with blinds that are not to be removed. Residents may hang curtains but should only use tension curtain rods. It is recommended that residents wait until they move in to measure windows for curtains since dimensions may vary among buildings.
- Flooring varies throughout the buildings. Some apartments have carpet and others have vinyl wood flooring.
- Overhead lighting with ample outlets for individual lamps (halogen not permitted).
- In O'Daniel North, O'Daniel South and McDonald West there are two air conditioning units that are individually controlled. One is in the living room and the second is in one bedroom. McDonald East provides central air conditioning.
- Residents are responsible for cleaning their apartments and must provide their own cleaning supplies and trash cans.
- Each bedroom has a private bathroom with a towel bar. A shower liner and hooks are provided. Residents must provide toilet paper, towels, toiletries, etc.
- Bedrooms include two desks, two chairs, nightstand, dresser(s), and two twin beds with mattresses (beds are standard size twin). Furniture varies among apartments. Some bedrooms will have two three-drawer dressers and others will have one six-drawer dresser.
- Limited number of designated single-occupancy bedrooms have a double bed. Residents who contract for a four person/two bedroom apartment and then buy out a bedroom side will have two twin beds.
- Beds raised to their highest have a space of 30" high underneath for storage. Lofts and bed risers are prohibited.
- Beds can be bunked. Metal pins are in each bedroom to do so. Students are responsible for bunking beds.
- Each bedroom has one closet that is shared.
- Bedrooms are equipped with Ethernet connections and wireless Internet access (resident must provide Ethernet cord). There is no specific cord length as it depends on how residents choose to arrange the furniture in the rooms.
- There are cable outlets in living room and bedrooms (resident must provide cable cord). There is no specific cord length as it depends on how residents choose to arrange the furniture in the rooms.
- Located in the McDonald West apartment area is the Residence Life Community Center, which includes a laundry facility, community space, computers, pay printer, ATM, copy machine and convenience store, Eagle Express.
- There is a large laundry room in O'Daniel South and additional laundry facilities available in each apartment building in McDonald East community. Laundry rooms in O'Daniel South and the Residence Life Community Center use both coins and Eagle Access Card. Laundry in McDonald East is coin only. Laundry is $1.50 to wash per load and $1.25 to dry per load.
- O'Daniel North offers access to lounge areas in the HRL office with computers and a pay printer.
- Mailboxes for McDonald East residents are in the Residence Life Community Center and mailboxes for O'Daniel North, O'Daniel South and McDonald West are in the HRL office.