Move Out Instructions
All students currently on campus are expected to check out by 1 p.m. on Thursday, March 19, 2020.
All students who need to return to campus to move out are expected to check out by 6 p.m. on Sunday, March 22, 2020.
Please check the FAQs on the housing website for additional information. Students should follow these instructions to move out of USI campus housing.
STEP 1. CHECKOUT TIME NOTIFICATION
Prior to checking out you will need to indicate when you plan to check out; this must be done electronically via the housing icon located under my myUSI, look for the Checkout Time Notification link.
STEP 2. PACK
Pack up all your personal belongings; you will take everything home with you.
STEP 3. CLEAN
Bedroom and Common Area
- Remove all personal belongings from room.
- Clean closets, dressers, and desks (including inside drawers).
- Floor should be cleaned.
Refrigerator and Stove/Oven (If Applicable)
- Clean entire refrigerator inside and outside.
- Clean entire stove/oven inside and outside.
- Clean counter and tabletops.
- Check cabinets and drawers for personal belongings.
- Floors and counters should be cleaned.
- Clean toilet, bathtub, and shower.
- All decorations should be removed.
- Both sides of room entrance door and closet/wardrobe doors should be cleaned.
TAKE ALL GARBAGE TO DUMPSTER
STEP 4: TURN OFF LIGHTS AND LOCK UP
- Turn off all lights.
- Lock and secure room door.
- Windows should be closed and locked, and curtains/blinds kept open.
- Set thermostat to 65 degrees or low.
READY TO LEAVE?
Head to your community’s designated checkout area.
STEP 5: MAIL AND PACKAGES
- Pickup any packages from HRL main office.
- Check your mailbox.
- Any mail or packages that have not been picked up by Sunday, March 22 will be returned to sender. All mail and package delivery to campus housing was suspended as of March 17, 2020.
STEP 6: RETURN KEY
- Fill out the checkout packet (provided at designated area) and put your room key in packet. Room key should NOT be placed in the U.S. mailboxes, left with a friend, or left in in the room.
- The resident with mail key should include key in checkout packet.
- There will be a checkout packet drop box outside of HRL main office or in the front lobby of the residence halls if you are checking out after hours.