During the Open Enrollment period as a benefit eligible employee, you have the opportunity to evaluate your insurance needs and make changes in your benefits for the following plan year. The 2019 Open Enrollment period is October 23, 2018 through November 6, 2018.
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
University Center East –
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
5 to 6 a.m.
Thursday, November 1, 2018
3 to 6 p.m.
Human Resources – Training Room, FA 164
The Open Enrollment period will kick-off with the Benefits Bash. Bring your Employee ID to register and enjoy handouts, door prizes and light refreshments!
- Representatives from USI’s benefits providers will be available to answer questions
- USI’s benefits team will be available to answer questions and assist with making changes to coverage
- Presentations from The HSA Authority, Lockton, CVS and USI
- Flu Shots will be available in UC Room 2219 from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Bring a copy of your medical insurance card
- USI’s benefits team will be available to answer questions and assist with making changes to coverage.
- USI’s benefits providers will provide swag and contact information for questions.
- Presentations from the USI Benefits Team.
- Modest increases to Dental, Additional Life and Short Term Disability contributions per pay period. No changes in rates for Health or Vision
- New Prescription Provider – CVS Caremark
- Anthem will mail new cards to all participants around the beginning of the year
- New eligibility rules for health insurance beginning in 2019
- The plan will remove the following eligibility provision:
- The following children, if the Subscriber provides more than fifty percent (50%) of the child’s total support: The Subscriber’s or the Subscriber’s spouse’s grandchildren or other blood relatives [are eligible].
- The plan will grandfather currently enrolled dependents of Employees that meet the standard above so they do not lose coverage. However, the Plan will not cover new dependents that meet these criteria in the future.
- Please contact the Benefits Team if you have any questions or concerns.
- Active Employees can now view benefits online using Benefit Statements
- Log into MyUSI
- Click on Employee Self-Serve Icon (folders)
- Click on the Employee tab, then Benefits and Deductions
- Click on Benefit Statement, then click on Select
- The statement shows:
- The plans in which the employee is enrolled
- The dependents who are enrolled
- How much the employee and USI are contributing
- Enroll in, drop or change coverage in the medical, dental or vision insurance plans, including adding or dropping dependents
- Enroll or re-enroll in the flexible benefit plan
- Note: You must enroll in this plan annually
- Participants of the HDHP/HSA plan:
- Complete the attached form for contributions beginning 1/1/2019
- Complete a new form to stop contributions or to adjust the amount of contributions
- Note: After this open enrollment, participants will no longer be required to resubmit the HSA Election Form annually
- Enroll in, drop or change coverage in the additional life or short-term disability
- Attend informational sessions at the BASH! (see schedule)
- Turn in all forms to the Benefits Team for changes by November 6th 2018!
- Please be aware that if you:
- Don't need any insurance changes
- Don't participate in HSA or FSA
- Don’t need to change beneficiaries
- Then no action is required!
It is very important that you take time to review the enclosed information closely as you make your health care choices for 2019.
Amy Miller – 812-464-1781
Connie Schnarre – 812-461-5466
Wendy Seitz – 812-464-1790