How to Apply
You should apply as a transfer student if you are currently attending or have previously attended a college or university in any country before enrolling at USI.
- Complete the online Admissions Application and pay the $40 application fee.
For assistance, please view the application tips in English and Spanish.
- Submit Official Academic Records from all secondary schools and colleges or universities you have attended. If you are transferring from a U.S. college or university, contact the Registrar at your school to have your transcript sent to USI. For colleges and universities outside the U.S., you can speed up your application processing by submitting copies of your official academic records and degree certificates on our secure online form. You will need to mail original, official academic records to process your transfer credit and finalize your application.
IMPORTANT: If you are currently enrolled at another school, do not send your transcript until you have grades for everything except your final term.
TRANSFER APPLICANTS FROM CHINESE UNIVERSITIES: Please arrange for a verification report of your university transcript. The report must be mailed directly to USI Admissions by the CDGDC or CHESICC.
- China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC)
- China Higher Education Student Information & Career Center (CHESICC)
- Submit Official proof of English Proficiency.
- Submit either official ACT or SAT scores, if required.
- If you have taken some time off from school, please submit an explanation of what you have been doing since you were last enrolled until the month you plan to enroll at USI.
Once all requirements are received and reviewed an admission decision will be made. Students are notified of their admission decision initially by email, followed by an acceptance packet mailed express DHL.
Learn more about how to get a Transfer Credit Evaluation.
Now that you have completed the application process to USI, get a jump start by submitting your required immigration documents to receive your I-20 or DS-2019.