International Orientation Assistant
Become an international orientation assistant!
- Must attend a New International Orientation Assistant meeting in April (date and time TBC).
- Must be able to return to USI in early August to attend the required training and to be ready to assist our new students. Training will last about 3-4 hours.
- Assist CIP Office with logistics before, during and after orientation week (stuffing packets, contacting new students before arrival, etc.)
- Airport Greetings - meet new students at the airport (or bus station) and help them settle into their room
- Shopping - take students to the store to get linens, blankets, toiletries, groceries and other necessary items after their arrival
- Assist with various orientation sessions - give adequate and useful information about campus life such as meal plans, laundry, athletic gym and shuttle bus, etc.
- Tours - join students on the half day tours of Evansville and New Harmony
- Transportation - help students learn to navigate the bus system and getting around Evansville
- Help organize fun activities - such as pizza party, bowling, etc.
- Assist with and organize extended orientation activities – first week of classes and periodically throughout fall and spring, including the monthly Small World Programs which are organized by International Orientation Assistants
- Follow-up contact with new students during the academic year
- Assist International Admissions with recruitment efforts
- Be available to participate in Spring International Student Orientation and IEP mid-semester orientations (as needed)
What are the benefits?
- Student hourly pay (minimum wage)
- Broaden your horizons
- Enhance your leadership and communications skills
- Meet new people and an exciting start to the fall and spring semesters
Applications for the 2021-2022 academic year will be available mid-March 2021.
If you have any questions about the application or position, please contact Nicole Vernon.