Become an international orientation assistant!
- Must attend a New International Orientation Assistant meeting on Friday April 12th at 4 p.m. in UC2206.
- Must be able to return to USI by August 7th to attend the required training on August 8th and to be ready to assist our new students. Training will last about 3-4 hours.
- Assist CIP Office with logistics before, during and after orientation week (stuffing packets, contacting new students before arrival, etc.)
- Airport Greetings - meet new students at the airport (or bus station) and help them settle into their room
- Shopping - take students to the store to get linens, blankets, toiletries, groceries and other necessary items after their arrival
- Assist with various orientation sessions - give adequate and useful information about campus life such as meal plans, laundry, athletic gym and shuttle bus, etc.
- Tours - join students on the half day tours of Evansville and New Harmony
- Transportation - help students learn to navigate the bus system and getting around Evansville
- Help organize fun activities - such as pizza party, bowling, etc.
- Assist with and organize extended orientation activities – first week of classes and periodically throughout fall and spring, including the monthly Small World Programs which are organized by International Orientation Assistants
- Follow-up contact with new students during the academic year
- Assist International Admissions with recruitment efforts- engage in College Week Live (CWL) chats, write monthly blogs, etc.
- Be available to participate in Spring International Student Orientation and IEP mid-semester orientations (as needed)
- Student hourly pay (minimum wage)
- Broaden your horizons
- Enhance your leadership and communications skills
- Meet new people and an exciting start to the fall semester
Applications for the 2019-2020 academic year are available now! Please return your completed application to Center for International Programs by Friday March 22nd. You will be required to schedule your interview when you submit your application. Interviews will be held March 25th-April 5th.
If you have any questions about the application or position, please contact Nicole Vernon.