Leading a Short-Term Program Abroad
USI Policy Regarding Program Administration
All program directors responsible for University of Southern Indiana student or faculty travel abroad must adhere to the USI policy regarding Study Abroad and Faculty-Led Travel programs. These guidelines have been established to ensure the health and safety of all program participants.
Download the program manual: Planning a Safe Trip Abroad.
The Center for International Programs...
- Maintains the website for program participants and manages the submission of required documents.
- Provides information and resources to program directors on issues of health and safety abroad.
- Upon request, provides consultation and review of program proposals.
- Upon request, assists with pre-departure orientation and re-entry programs.
- Provides emergency action protocol that enables program directors abroad to contact USI on a 24-hour basis.
- Coordinates on-campus action of the Study Abroad Risk Management Task Force (in cooperation with the Provost and the Associate Provost for Student Affairs) in case of an emergency abroad.