Intensive English Admissions
To apply to the Intensive English Program at the University of Southern Indiana, please follow these instructions:
- Complete the International Student Application for the Intensive English Program (complete online from International Student Application) with $40 application fee. The fee can be paid at the end of the online application. Please indicate that you will be attending the Intensive English Program first and that you are interested in a particular major after you successfully complete the IEP. Download tips for completing the application here.
- Provide a copy of a passport for you and dependents, if you bring any.
- Provide original transcripts of all secondary schools, colleges, and universities with an English translation (with graduation date). Click here to upload your records through USI secure form.
- Provide a.) original bank statement (U.S. currency) or a letter from a sponsor in the amount required and b.) the Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 Statement of Finances. Use this form for Fall 2020 - Spring 2021.
- Students currently in the U.S. on a J-1 or F-1 visa and who will be transferring directly to USI from another U.S. school or university must also submit an International Student Transfer Form.
Download the International Student Transfer form.
Once all documents are received and reviewed, an admission decision will be made. Students are notified of the admission decision by letter, which will be mailed via DHL to the address supplied on the application form. Start application process 2 months before the session you want to start.
Now that you have completed the application process to USI, get a jump start by submitting your required immigration documents to receive your I-20 or DS-2019.
Other admission requirements:
- Applicant must have earned a high school diploma from accredited institution.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant must provide proof of financial statement to prove ability (personal or sponsor) to pay for living expenses and tuition while in the United States.