As long as your account is Active
An account is considered inactive when:
- Account owner is no longer an active Employee
- Account owner is deceased
- Retiree does not use email for 12 months
- Alumnus/Graduate does not use email for 12 months
- Student account is not enrolled for 2 consecutive academic terms
- Account owner is no longer an active Guest
- Admitted student does not attend/enroll by admit term
If an account is inactive we will remove your Microsoft license. This deletes your email account. This will also remove the license to the Microsoft Office software.
The Microsoft Office software is available to Students and Employees (not alumni).
Tips to export your e-mail before it is deleted are Here.
Pilotusi.onmicrosoft.com is the initial domain created with Microsoft for Office 365. EVERY USI account on Office 365 has this domain associated with its account. It is used ‘behind the scenes’.
To personalize the USI 365 accounts, we were able to add our own domain to each account. We have added EAGLES.USI.EDU to each account. This is the domain we reference when talking about eagles-mail and Office 365 accounts at USI.
If your mail appears to be coming from @pilotusi.onmicrosoft.com, please let the helpdesk know (812.465.1080) and your account can be modified so that your mail appears to come from your @eagles.usi.edu account