The instructions vary - depending on your browser. You do not need to be on any specific web page to perform these tasks.
Clearing the cache from your browser is often necessary to solve certain web page problems that sometimes occur.
The amount of time this process takes will depend on the amount of cached web pages saved on your computer/device.
- Open Firefox Browser
- Click Menu (the three horizontal lines in top right corner)
- Click OPTIONS
- Click PRIVACY Tab (in toolbar across top – see image below with Victorian mask)
- Click on the link “Clear your recent History”
- Select your time range (Everything)
- Check all the available boxes under Details
- Click the Clear now button
- Click OK
- Open the Chrome Browser
- Click the Chrome menu (three horizontal lines - top right)
- Select TOOLS
- Select Clear browsing data
- In the drop down labeled "obliterate..." change to BEGINNING OF TIME.
- Check the following boxes: Browsing History, Download history, Cookies & other, Cached Images & Files AND Hosted App Data.
- Click the clear browsing data button.
- Close the Settings Tab.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- On the top right-hand side of the browser, click on the gear icon, also called the Tools icon.
- Click SAFETY
- Click DELETE BROWSING HISTORY.
- In the Delete Browsing History window check ALL the boxes EXCEPT Form Data and Passwords.
- Click the Delete button.
- Wait for the hourglass or spinning wheel to stop.
Click on the Gear icon, which is located near the top-right side of the browser window.
- Click the Reset Safari... link, which opens the window shown below. Uncheck any boxes whose content you do not want to delete and click the Reset button.
Safari on iPhone and iPad
- Open the Safari browser.
- Scroll up until you see the address bar at the top of the screen and a toolbar on the bottom.
- On the toolbar at the bottom, click the fourth icon from the left that looks like a book.
- Click History.
- Click Clear in the lower right-hand side of the screen.
- Start Browser
- Tap Menu
- Tap More
- Select settings - under Privacy settings - select clear cache, clear history, clear all, OK
Google Chrome on Android phone or tablet
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Tap the Menu icon in the top right corner of the screen next to the address bar.
- In the dropdown Menu, tap History.
- Tap CLEAR BROWSING DATA... at the bottom of the screen.
- Select appropriate boxes.
- Tap the Clear button.
- Open the Opera Internet browser.
- In the toolbar, click the File menu.
- Click Preferences.
- Click History and then the Empty now button.
** Additional Tips
- If you clear your Internet browser history often, you may want to consider browsing in incognito mode.
- If you click In the Address bar, you may press the Shift + Del keys to delete individual items.
- If you do not see the File, Edit, View menu in Internet Explorer or Firefox, press the Alt key.